Margate's #1 Resource for Senior Home Care in Margate
When you fill out this form, we will send you a list of recommendations for your local area, by email.
Senior In-Home Care Experts finds the best care in the following categories:
Companion care in Margate
This is a solution that offers emotional support and also companionship for elderly people who might be in good condition or unwell. These solutions, that include not only psychological wellness however additionally non-medical help to make their life much more workable in the home area, typically permit individuals to remain at their very own home or apartments instead of getting in long-term SNFs. These services are typically paid for by ” individual pay” or long-term care insurance.
Personal Care at Home in Margate
Personal care includes bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring (from a bed to a chair), grooming, feeding and other personal care needs. These services are typically paid for by “private pay” or long-term care insurance.
Skilled Nursing Care at Home in Margate
Skilled Nursing means that a RN or LPN comes to the house to take care of medical necessities. Medications, education, wound care etc.
Alzheimer’s In-Home Care in Margate
Alzheimer’s in-home care means having a private home health aide or caregiver come to your home. These services are “private pay” or paid for by long-term care insurance.
Hourly Home Care in Margate
Hourly home care is care that is paid for by the hour. This can mean 24 hour home care that is paid hourly (as opposed to live-in care). This can also mean 4 to 8 hours shifts or 12-hour shifts. This is a great choice for clients who need a caregiver to stay awake at night. These services are typically paid for by “private pay” or long-term care insurance.
Live-In Home Care in Margate
Live-In Home Care means that the caregiver lives in your home 24/7. They must have their own room and are allowed breaks, as well as days off. This type of caregiver sleeps during the night. These services are typically paid for by “private pay” or long-term care insurance.
Map of Margate
Margate is located in the state of Florida, in Broward County.
Zip Codes include:
Senior In-Home Experts Referral Area
Margate is a city in Broward County, Florida, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 53,284. Margate is part of the Miami metropolitan area, which was home to an estimated 6,012,331 people in 2015.
Margate was founded in the 1950s, when much of it was still either part of the Everglades or farmland. It became a town in 1955, when land development became prominent due to an influx of people moving to Margate. In 1961, it was officially incorporated as a city. The name Margate is a portmanteau of the first three letters of the founder’s last name, Jack Marqusee, and the first four letters of gateway, since it was considered a “gateway” to western Broward County. The city has a waterpark called Calypso Cove and two golf courses: The Carolina Golf Club and the Oriole Golf and Tennis Club.
Margate is located at 26°14′47″N 80°12′44″W., and it is seven and one-half miles from the Atlantic Ocean.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 8.98 square miles (23 km2), of which 8.81 square miles (23 km2) is land and 0.17 square miles (0 km2) is water (1.89%).
The Senior Center is a special district located in Margate that provides support services (including special services for those with physical and/or cognitive impairments) to adults age 60 and older residing within the City and Broward County. Some of the programs and services provided by the Senior Center include transportation, eldercare advocate program, individual and group counseling, Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program (EHEAP), the Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders (SHINE) program, and nutritional meals. The wide array of activities available include arts and crafts, live musical entertainment, fitness classes, bingo, discussion groups, day trips, and much more. The Senior Center funds its operations through grants from various governmental and charitable agencies and in-kind services from the City.
- Nikolas Cruz, shooter
- Shayne Gostisbehere, a professional hockey player for Philadelphia Flyers
- Arin Hanson, an Internet personality, animator, voice actor, and musician known by his pseudonym Egoraptor and for being one-half of the Let’s Play duo Game Grumps and one-third of the musical-comedy group Starbomb. Although he did not live there long, Hanson was born in Margate Hospital.
- Brandon Knight, who played basketball as a child in Margate’s recreation league at Firefighter’s Park and is now a point guard with the NBA Phoenix Suns. For the past three years, he has returned to Margate, where he gives free backpacks stuffed with school supplies to children before the start of the school year.
- Michael Palardy, a punter for NFL’s Carolina Panthers.
- Josh Smith, a Margate native and Abundant Life Christian Academy student who made his Major League Baseball debut on June 23, 2015, for the Cincinnati Reds, pitching a series opener against the Pittsburgh Pirates. He returned to the MLB on May 3, 2017, as a relief pitcher for the Oakland Athletics. He began playing with the Boston Red Sox organization as of 2019.
- Kaye Stevens, a singer and actress who lived in Margate for more than 45 years (from 1950s to 2004). Many residents referred to Stevens as the “First Lady of Margate”, because every time she appeared on game shows, she would place a sign next to her nameplate that read “Hello Margate”. She promoted Margate as “a great place to live and raise a family.”