Homestead's #1 Resource for Senior Home Care in Homestead
When you fill out this form, we will send you a list of recommendations for your local area, by email.
Senior In-Home Care Experts finds the best care in the following categories:
Companion care in Homestead
This is a service that supplies emotional assistance and friendship for elderlies who might be in a healthy condition or unwell. These services, that include not only mental health and wellness however likewise non-medical assistance to make their life much more workable in the home area, often allow people to stay at their very own homes instead of getting in long-term SNFs. These solutions are commonly paid for by ” individual pay” or long-term care insurance.
Personal Care at Home in Homestead
Personal care includes bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring (from a bed to a chair), grooming, feeding and other personal care needs. These services are typically paid for by “private pay” or long-term care insurance.
Skilled Nursing Care at Home in Homestead
Skilled Nursing means that a RN or LPN comes to the house to take care of medical necessities. Medications, education, wound care etc.
Alzheimer’s In-Home Care in Homestead
Alzheimer’s in-home care means having a private home health aide or caregiver come to your home. These services are “private pay” or paid for by long-term care insurance.
Hourly Home Care in Homestead
Hourly home care is care that is paid for by the hour. This can mean 24 hour home care that is paid hourly (as opposed to live-in care). This can also mean 4 to 8 hours shifts or 12-hour shifts. This is a great choice for clients who need a caregiver to stay awake at night. These services are typically paid for by “private pay” or long-term care insurance.
Live-In Home Care in Homestead
Live-In Home Care means that the caregiver lives in your home 24/7. They must have their own room and are allowed breaks, as well as days off. This type of caregiver sleeps during the night. These services are typically paid for by “private pay” or long-term care insurance.
Map of Homestead
Homestead is located in the state of Florida, in Miami-Dade County.
Zip Codes include:
Senior In-Home Experts Referral Area
Homestead is a city within Miami-Dade County in the U.S. state of Florida, between Biscayne National Park to the east and Everglades National Park to the west. Homestead is primarily a Miami suburb and a major agricultural area. It is a principal city of the Miami metropolitan area, which was home to an estimated 6,012,331 people at the 2015 census.
Homestead is located at 25°28′16″N 80°28′5″W (25.471190, -80.468122).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 14.4 square miles (37 km2). 14.3 square miles (37 km2) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) of it (0.63%) is water.
Residents with Alzheimer’s Disease
The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America (AFA) has resources that can assist families caring for loved ones with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia illnesses.
Guidance can be provided on topics and questions about combating isolation, keeping engaged, washing tips, caregiver stress, whether family members should visit during this time, items to have in the home, and more.
Assistance is available:
- By toll-free helpline at 1-866-232-8484, seven days a week, staffed entirely by licensed social workers who are trained in dementia care
- By web chat on the AFA website. Click on the blue and white chat icon on the lower right hand corner of the page
- By sending a text message to 646-586-5283
- John Brown, NFL wide receiver for the Buffalo Bills
- Alan Campbell, American Actor
- Tracy Grammer, American singer-songwriter
- Dexter Lehtinen, former United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida
- Scott Maddox, former mayor of Tallahassee, Florida
- Alek Manoah, baseball player for the Toronto Blue Jays, 2019 MLB Draft #11 overall selection
- Chrissy Metz, American actress and singer
- Antrel Rolle, former NFL defensive line backer for the New York Giants
- Lacey Sturm, former lead vocalist of American rock band Flyleaf
- Tommy Tate, American soul singer and songwriter
- Tom Vasel, podcaster, board game reviewer, and board game designer
- Herb Waters, NFL cornerback for the Green Bay Packers
- Jeff Zucker, current President of CNN Worldwide, former President of NBC Universal